Do you have practice management or accounting software that does your trust accounting? Great. This post is NOT for you.
This post is for the firm that doesn't have practice management or accounting software that supports trust account reconciliation.
We've written a lot about the topic of trust accounting. Many of the cool platforms with which Gravity Legal integrates have trust accounting features. For example, here's how to use the Gravity Legal-QuickBooks integration for trust accounting. But maybe you...gulp...don't use practice management or accounting software, or maybe you use industry-generic software that doesn't support trust account reconciliation. If that is the case, consider using Gravity Legal to perform your trust accounting.
With Gravity Legal, you can:
- Create starting trust account balances by client and matter
- Record all payments by client and matter - even if they were made by cash or check
- Make and record trust-to-operating transfers (yes, you can move that money with Gravity Legal or simply record transfers made through your bank)
- Transaction report filters allow you to easily view your trust account balance by client and matter
- Export your report to perform a three-way reconciliation
To see how you can use Gravity Legal's free, simple trust accounting option, find some time with our team using the demo link below.
Need expert accounting and bookkeeping help? Drop us a line, and we'll help you get connected with a finance and accounting expert well-versed in the nuances of trust account reconciliation.