This page outlines how to create a subscription or automated recurring payment plan in Gravity Legal.
Create a Subscription
1. Navigate to Payments - Subscriptions.
2. Click + New Subscription.
3. Fill out the following information to create the subscription:
Amount Per Payment. This is the amount that will be automatically charged at the specified intervals.
Deposit Bank Account. The bank account into which the regular payments will be deposited. The menu will display all bank accounts associated with the firm.
Client. The client associated with the subscription.
Matter. The Matter associated with the subscription.
Start Subscription Date. This is the date the subscription will begin. Note: if the first billing date is later than the start date, the client will not be billed until the first billing date. Additionally, if a payment method is not added before the first billing date, an accrual will begin, and the client will be billed for that accrued amount when they enter their payment information.
Billing Frequency. Select monthly or weekly billing.
Billing Day. Select the day you would like the charges to run. Note: If you select a billing day that does not exist in a given month (for example the 31st of November), then the client will be billed on the last day of the month.
Number of Payments. This will run the automatic payments a specified number of times.
Dollar Amount. This will run the automatic payments until the client has paid a certain amount. Note: The last payment will be automatically adjusted to equal the total dollar amount. As a result, the last payment may be less than the designated amount per payment.
Date. This will run the automatic payments until the specified date has passed.
Ongoing. This will run the automatic payments until cancelled by the firm.
4. The last step in creating the subscription is to add a payment method. Subscriptions can be run on credit/debit cards and bank accounts (ACH). If the selected client already has a stored payment method on file, you can create a subscription using that existing stored payment method. Additionally, you can create a stored payment method link to capture the information or enter the information manually by entering the account details at the time of creation.
5. Once created, the subscription will show in the Subscriptions home screen. The Status column displays one of the following:
Pending. There is not yet a payment method associated with the subscription.
Current. There is a valid payment method associated with the subscription.
Needs Attention. A payment method has declined. Either retry the payment method, or capture a new payment method using the link associated with the subscription.
Note 1: The default billing time for subscriptions is 3:30am (Pacific Time) on the billing date.
Note 2: The Subscription Start Date begins at 0:00 hrs (Pacific Time). If an End Date for the subscription is selected, the end date cutoff is 23:59 hrs (Pacific Time) on the End Date.