A Standing Link can be used by multiple clients and does not get paid down, unlike a standard Payment Link. Standing links can be fixed or variable amounts, or a subscription. This article outlines how to create a Standing Link.
Create a Standing Link
- Navigate to Payments > Standing Links.
- Click + New Standing Link.
- Complete the fields
- Make this Standing Link a subscription. Choose to create a Standing Link such that it initiates recurring payments when a client enters payment information into the link.
- Link Name. This is an internal name for the Standing Link (i.e., "Invoice Link").
- Forwarding URL (optional). The client will be redirected to this URL after completing a payment.
- Deposit Account. This is the bank account into which funds will be deposited after the payment is made.
- Amount. Leave this field blank to allow clients to enter their own amounts. Alternatively, enter an amount in this field to specify an amount that must be paid. Partial payments will not be allowed if an amount is entered here.
- +New Deposit Account. This is only available if an amount is specified. This feature allows you to set up a split payment Standing Link that will deposit the designated amounts into two bank accounts.
- Permitted Payment Methods. Select the payment methods you want to be available to the client. If surcharging is enabled for your firm, select whether to impose the surcharge on credit cards for this Standing Link.
- Include Client Notes Text Field (optional). Check this box to require clients to submit additional information with their payment.
- Customize Label. If you checked the Include Client Notes Text Field box, enter a label or description of the field. This will instruct the client on what to submit. The notes entered by the client in this field will show up in Reports and on the Standing Link transaction list.
|Standing Link setup||Preview of the payment page|
- Click Create Standing Link.